Rethink è tra i nostri candidati 2017
Every year, in Europe, 33 Million of tons of bio-based materials are wasted.
These cheap bio-based residues and wastes could instead be used as feedstocks by all the companies in the nascent sector of the Bio-Economy to produce fuels, fibres, food, feed and chemicals, replacing their fossil fuel equivalents. However, due to the lack of valid sales channels, aggregated data and awareness, for these companies assessing these symbiosis opportunities is very challenging and can lead to missed opportunities.
InSymbio is the first European B2B Marketplace for bio-based residues and by-products with bidding processes and analytics:
– A digital channel dedicated to the matching of demand and supply of biomass and agricultural residues, to streamline and improve the supply chain;
– A data aggregator related to materials traded on the platform, in order to discover prices and trends;
– A marketing tool for companies, which can show to their customers their commitment to waste reduction and increase their rating in funding programs such as the Rural Development Plans.
According to EuropaBio, today the European Bioeconomy is already worth more than €2 trillion annually. Just in the EU, €3.7 billion investments are expected in bio-based innovation from 2014-2020 (Horizon 2020).
We are working on the project since September 2015. We won the following awards:
• Nuovi Talenti Imprenditoriali by MIPAAF, receiving a grant of 30k€ to participate to Expo 2015 in Milan;
• The European program “ODINE”
receiving a a grant of 100k€ and the support of companies like the Open Data Institute, Telefonica, Wayra and the University of Southampton
• The European program Soul-FI receiving a a grant of 75k € and the chance to test our
platform with the municipality of Florence in Italy.
The Beta version of the platform can be found here: www.insymbio.com.
We already signed a Letter of Intents with ConfAgricoltura Salerno and Confindustria Salerno. A Letter of intent ongoing with Granarolo SPA, the first Italian fresh milk producer, for developing the first case of Circular Economy in the fresh milk production sector.
Rethink – Sustainable Solutions www.rethink.srl is a technical advisory company that from 2013 wants to foster the transition to a Circular Economy model, through the development of innovative solutions in the renewable energy and environment sectors.
Rethink won the following awards:
– Creative Factory 2013 by Campania Innovazione SPA – 6 months Startup Mentoring Program
– Smart&Start 2013 (National Operational Programme for Research and Competitiveness 2007-2013 ERDF)
– La tua idea per il Paese 2014& – Energy & Environment Sector
– CNI-ISSNAF Internships for Young Italian Engineers 2014 – 3 months in Silicon Valley
– SpeedUP! Europe 2014 with the project SunnyRev – Acceleration Program in Hamburg, Stockholm, Copenhagen and Amsterdam – Grant of 50k€
– Premio Gaetano Marzotto with the project SunnyRev – Grant of 40k€ in acceleration services by CesenaLab
– Winner of Unicredit Start Lab – CleanTech Section, with the project SunnyRev
– Finalist in Climate Kic in Bologna, Eit Digital Challenge in Berlin, SouthSummit in Madrid
Motivazione della candidatura
Facciamo dello scambio e della cooperazione la nostra mission: solo in questo modo sarà possibile abbandonare l’attuale modello lineare take-consume- dispose; e passare ad un modello di economia circolare, qualcosa di cui si è parlato fin dagli anni 70, ma è soltanto da poco che abbiamo gli strumenti (il digitale) per concretizzare questo nuovo paradigma.
E sempre a proposito di motivazione, aggiungiamo noi, se non avete visto il video di presentazione di Rethink sul sito, dateci un’occhiata 😉